Fifteen Fun Facts about Me


1) I was born on Mother’s Day.

2) I am 6’1” tall (183cm), at least that was what I measured when I was at military processing. It’s the tallest I’ve ever been measured, so I’m sticking with it.

3) I was a vegetarian for five years, although if I was totally honest, it was more carb-etarian than non-meat-eater. I hear Oreos are vegetarian, which doesn’t help anyone.

4) I have always been a dog person, so much so that I couldn’t imagine what a life with a cat would be like. (“They poop in a box and they sleep all the time? That’s dumb.”)  So when my wife came to me and said that she would like to have a cat, I was a rather hard sell. But when I realized that it meant so much to her, I caved. Now, eight years later, the darn box-pooper has made himself irreplaceable.

5) I love Doctor Who. Not what sure what caused my fascination, but the writing is spot on, and there’s a great chemistry between the characters which pulls me in.

6) I have dreams of hiking the entire Appalachian Trail or the Camino de Santiago in Spain, but I’m not one who really “camps”. This may be problematic.

7) Music is an obsession. I love creating playlists and listening to new music. I still have an old iPod classic (160GB) - which I adore, despite its unwillingness to cooperate some of the time. 

8) I only set my cruise control on numbers that end with 2, 5, 7, or 0. All the other numbers seem unnatural to be stuck on. 

9) Two movies I always cry at – Big Fish and Forrest Gump,.

10) My parents are saints – especially after raising me. I know the depth and breadth of my rebellion could have been deeper, but all in all, I still feel like I won the parental lottery.

11)  Your twenties are very different from your thirties. What I didn’t realize in my twenties is how limitless life could really be. I was too wrapped up in relationships to really venture out into the world and discover.

12) I give up too quickly at things. This started at a young age, most memorably when I would play video games. It would get more difficult – past my skill level, so instead of getting better, I would give up and walk away. Ironically, this idea may run deeper than I care to admit.

13) I almost joined the military. I took a couple trips to Indianapolis to the military processing center, but I was restricted from joining because I had a history of ADHD & depression. More truth that if you are going to join the military, do it when you’re young.

14)I am not a coffee drinker, but I will take a cold root beer any day.  I have never found a way to enjoy coffee. There is no amount of cream and/or sugar to make that beverage seem appealing to me. In the last three years, I have developed an appreciation of hot tea though… so I can still have a warm beverage to wake up to. 

15) I am interested in politics, but the polarization of viewpoints and lack of empathy for the other point of view make following and enjoying politics irritating and frustrating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Satisfying Hunger: Unveiling Miracles - John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B)

Break Forth - Isaiah 58:1-12 (Epiphany 4A)

Balance - February 2023 Newsletter